You cannot open a newspaper nowadays without noticing further portents of doom and gloom: prices rising, world governments in crisis, and a downturn which shows no sign of ending. We are all having to cut back on luxuries and watch what we spend, but that does not mean you cannot have a great stag weekend, a last night of freedom to remember. This post will suggest a few ways to bring the costs down, but still ensure you give your mate the best send off possible, before the big day. Here are our five top tips.
1. Drop the two nighter down to one – It is pretty traditional that a weekend away involves you arriving on Friday night and departing sometime on Sunday, but for a stag weekend it is not always necessary. Travel to your destination on Saturday morning, do the activities in the afternoon, and still have plenty of time for boozing, clubbing and partying on the Saturday night. This not only reduces the accommodation cost, but also the cost of 2 nights out when really quite often 1 will suffice. After all, when you have an action packed day full of activities planned on the Saturday, the last thing you want to be is hungover.
2. Think outside the box when it comes to activities – Of the traditional stag weekend activities of quad biking, clay pigeon shooting, karting and paintballing, it is only the latter that really works for a stag on a budget. Activities account for most of your money spent, so why not consider some different activities to make the money go further, and the day last longer. Prices obviously vary from place to place, but why not consider activities such as raft building, blindfold 4×4 driving or canoeing. All are great activities to share in, and you certainly get your moneys worth.
3. Leave the city behind and head for the hills – This option is certainly not for everyone, but why not consider having your stag weekend out in the country. Locations such as the lake district, the welsh borders and devon, offer great alternative destinations. Here you can stay keep the accommodation and activity cost down, and still have a great weekend. Sure, they may not be able to offer a host of strip clubs, casinoes and nighclubs, but you guarantee they have a great local, where you can spend the night with your mates, and isn’t good company ultimately what it is all about? See below for some of the amazing deals you can get if you consider a weekend out in the country.
4. Get as many as your mates along as you can – Again, this is not something every stag will want to do, but from a purely cost basis, the more you have, the cheaper things are likely to get. Hotels and activity providers alike are more likely to offer a discount if there are a lot of you, and in some cases will give you exclusive use of their facilities. It is no surprise the more money you bring them, the more they want to keep you happy, so bring a load of your mates, and you are sure to reap the benefits.
5. Get us to help you – Super Fun offers a completely bespoke stag weekend service. What this means is: you tell us exactly what you want, and we do the rest. We have years of experience in dealing with providers and hotels across the U.K, and will find you the best deal for your budget. We also handle all the preparations so all you need to do is turn up on the day. We can also advise on all the above, to find the right solution for you and your group.
5a. Book an existing package with Super Fun Stag Weekends
Below are just some of the stag weekend packages we can offer for under £100 per person. For more information, click the links.
Alistairs Peterborough Stag Weekend – Raft building, climbing and a nights accommodation in Peterborough for £95 per person
Ben’s Outdoor Stag Weekend – Half a day Paintballing (200 paints), Half a day Canoeing and a nights accommodation in Shropshire. Just £70 per person
Charlies Target Shooting Package – Rifle Shooting, Archery and Clay Pigeon Shooting, and a night in the lake district. £80 per person
Daniel’s Torquay Stag Weekend – Pick 2 from: Coasteering, Abseiling, Caving, Rock Climbing, Canoeing, Gorge Walking and more. With 1 nights bed and breakfast accommodation in centre of Torquay, this comes in at £80 per person
Kyle’s Wet Birmingham Weekend - Windsurfing and Kayaking, as well as a night in the centre or Birmingham for £85 per person
So there you go, our guide to a cheap but memorable stag weekend.
Remember you can follow us on blogger at www.adrenabloguk.blogspot.com